I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Friday, February 03, 2006

Here we post again

It's time for another post. Today I went through a job interview for a part time retail store position. What I was surprised by were the type of questions asked. I mean I can see how my fears might be relevant to some positions, but I don't see how my fear of heights is relevant unless I'm working in one of those big box stores like Lowes or Staples. (And I have worked for Staples, small heights don't bother me that much.)

How did this trend get started anyway? Did someone feel that every job has to have a psychological profile that may or may not fit to it? I understand they want the right candidate for the job, but the ability not to say what you're really thinking is usually the most beneficial talent of anyone working in a customer service setting.

I'm sure that someone in their human relations department justified their position by coming up with this, but when I'm railing against the common sense of a decision, anyone who knows me would have caught on to this long before I would have.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home