I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Wednesday, February 22, 2006

The Meaning of Stairway to Heaven

I tried for a few days to discover if this song in fact does have any meaning. I've come to the conclusion that it doesn't, but many people want it to. I've even seen one person go so far as to suggest that the song is about someone trying to tithe their way into a good afterlife. While it's a nice idea, I think that particular writer was grasping at straws.

If the song felt meaningless, I'm sure none of this would have happened. Given its title and the way its written however, we all want it to mean something so we'll desperately read something into the lyrics that were probably drug inspired in the first place.

Give it up people. As far as I can tell the brilliance of this song is that people debated what it meant for over 20 years when in fact it apparently means nothing. And the forests will echo with laughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home