I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Waiting for a burn to heal fully

Burned my self on a stove two weeks ago. It seems the cut has become infected by now and while it no longer has the burning sensation it still hurts just a little bit. I know I'm probably one of the world's biggest klutzes and should have been more careful when using a stove. (Okay, so it wasn't all that careless it was just an easily avoided accident.) It seems it should take less time for a minor mistake to remove itself from my hand.

1 Comments:

Blogger Marige said...

Too bad I didn't see this sooner. A little known aid for healing and stopping the pain of a burn is to soak it in tea. Any kind of tea is fine-- Lipton or Tetley or any kind.

Just put a few bags into a cup of luke warm water, allow to steep until it turns dark brown, then apply to afflicted area. For fingers or toes, dip the area in and soak. For larger areas, soak a paper towel (don't use cloth as the tea will permanently stain it), and apply to area.

Repeat for 20-40 minutes and it will significantly reduce the pain AND the scarring or blistering.

11:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home