I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Boredom

There are times in life when we have to wonder exactly why we are where were are. Tonight I sat through two hours worth of a Mcdonald's orientation. Of course it's bad enough that I'm starting this job, but it's been made worse by a seeming inability to get any other job. Well, I suppose it's better than nothing, but this isn't exactly going to enable me to move out. I could wait for disability to go through, but in the meantime I need something to hold me over. It's not like I can make a living blogging, although I'm still determined to find a way to do so.

I suppose I was rambling. Let it be said that I'm only now starting to reign my life back in to the point where I can control it. In any case I sat through the two hour orientation listening to people who seemed less thrilled to be conducting the meeting than I seemed to be there. At least someone saw fit to intertwine the tedium with about 45 minutes worth of commercials for McDonalds. I think the managers could have at least pretended to be excited about welcoming new people to a minimum wage existence. Needless to say not only did I find their presentation boring, but the information was presented in such a way that my lack of enjoyment of it was only heightened.

I could look at it from the manager's perspective. They probably aren't getting much more than the average employee at the restaurant makes to be that much more excited about their duties than the average wage slave. Still, it would have been nice not to have been read at for such an extended period.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home