I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Saturday, March 18, 2006

I Dig Giant Robots

I should probably stop watching cartoons, but I still enjoy them. There was one particular gem on the Cartoon Network that I don't think they should have cancelled so prematurely. The show was called Megas XLR.

While the show was not the funniest cartoon I've ever seen, it's the only one I can see having somewhat real characters. The Hero of the show is a gearhead who essentially finds a giant robot in a junkyard and makes modifications. I know people in real life who would treat such technology that way.

One of the best episodes is when he takes his giant robot, with the flame paint job and Mustang head (which were not original equipment) to a truck show to show it off. Now, they end up getting attacked by aliens and having to save the city, but when they end up saving the city it's usually accidental and causes destruction to everything around it.

The show had a quality that few shows possess. Sure, it's a fantastic situation, but it's one of the first to ask "What would real people do with a giant robot?" We need more answers to this question.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home