I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Saturday, March 25, 2006

Shows from our childhood

I had the good fortune to come across the original Batman movie yesterday. I don't mean the one done in the late 80's that tried to capture the film noir feeling you actually do get in the comic books. (And even more so with the Detective comics version.) No, I mean the campy 60's version complete with Adam West.

Now, I always thought the 60's Batman series was campy and horrible, but there are shows that I used to love that don't hold up as well now that I'm older. Perhaps the best example of this is The Smurfs. I used to watch this faithfully every Saturday morning as every child of the 80's did I'm sure. We'd thrill to their adventures and booed Gargamel. Coming back to it more than 20 years later, I find it hard not to cheer for Gargamel and hope one day he'll get those annoying blue mushroom dwellers.

I think it's simply a case of our tastes changing as we get older. While the Smurfs was fine back then, it's simply horrible to me today. I wonder if I'd find other shows I used to watch like The Masters of the Universe, the Transformers, and GI Joe the same way today. Somehow, I think I'd still like the Transformers, as giant robots are cool and all. (See the thread two pages down) but I'm not so sure about the Masters of the Universe.

Well, I hope this post has left you as confused as I am trying to wade through it, but this blog isn't supposed to make a lot of sense.

1 Comments:

Blogger MrAdVenture said...

Hi!We are both members of the same "hitsclub" so thought I would pass on some info.First off,I am glad to see you use crispads-I really like them to.However All the experts agree,the way to make the utmost out of your PTC earning is to have a minimum or two and preferably three DIFFERENT ad supplier's i.e. Google,Bidvertiser,Revenue Pilot,Clicksor etc,all on the same page.

I presonally have or used to have accounts with Google,Revenue Pilot,Clicksor,Bidvertiser,Crispads,Banner Boxes,Kanoodle,Adbrite.Allfeeds and probably a few more.In my mind only two pass the test of time-crispads and OXADO!

I have found none to compare with Oxado.I have increased my earnings per site over 300% since I started including Oxado ads!
Please take a minute to see why I think you should include Oxado ads on your web pages.Use them as a supplement or as a complete as A REAL ALTERNATIVE TO ADSENSE

6:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home