I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Tuesday, April 11, 2006

What's the deal with coffee?

I suppose it's time I got around to updating this. I've been somewhat busy lately and simply haven't had the time I like to devote to blogging. But the one thing I can't figure out is why people love coffee so much.

There's a crew of older folks who come in every morning, sit around for an hour or so and as far as I can tell only order coffee. Now, I'm certain McDonald's isn't the only place in town to buy cofffee or even the best place. I can understand not wanting to order from our extremely high cholestrol breakfast menu. (I could probably do without the bacan, egg & cheese sandwiches I have on my break while i"m there myself), but it seems there are other places they could get it. Of course, they're friendly enough and not rude. If I were the owner, I'd be grateful they chose to buy coffee from my establishment, but I'm just a slightly-above-minimum wage employyee.

What is more is that coffee is a foul tasting beverage to begin with. I don't see why anyone wants to drink it. There are more flavorful ways to get caffeine, and I'm not sure the health benefits of drinking coffee are all that great even if it's how Americans get most of their beta carotene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home