I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Tuesday, May 09, 2006

The Dungeons of Phantasy Star II

So I've finished playing through the first Phantasy Star. Yay me. I guess I deserve a cookie or something. So naturally, since I have the Gameboy Advenced Phantasy Star collection, I start playing the second afterwards.

Now the second is a very good game, although some of it's plot elements (including the death of one of the main characters) are cliched now, but who in the world designed the dungeons? Did Sega specifically hire an especially sadistic programmer for these? (Note: I believe all programmers are sadists who enjoy inflicting confusing software on people. I know *I* certainly do.)

I've had to go online to find maps and thank goodness they're there. Perhaps there's a reason this game came with a hintbook when it first came out. I've nearly played it through to the end before, but couldn't defeat Dark Force before I had to return the Genesis cartridge I borrowed. I should be able to defeat it this time simply because I own the game. (I also have to wonder why isn't Dark Force the *last* villian? He is in all the other games -- except IV, where the Profound Darkness is the last boss. I still consider him Dark Force though, although you face him 3 times prior to finally confronting the Profound Darkness.)

Well, at least I don't have many more dungeons to go, with only Naval and Noah remaining. (And why is he referred to as Noah in the first game and all the later ones as Lutz?)

Well, I'll be happy if I finally beat this and 'Mother Brain' doesn't seem as corny an idea as it first did when I played this game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home