I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Ran across this little gem the a few days ago...

Toon Disney is now showing -- of all things -- the Dungeons & Dragons cartoon. Now, I always thought Disney tried to unobjectionable programming that wouldn't give people fits. While I see nothing wrong with this old cartoon, I can only imagine some Christian groups out there throwing hairy catfits about it. I'd far more expect Cartoon Network to air this bit of 80's nostalgia.

Well, I don't go looking for people complaining about Disney's programming schedule. My only complaint about Disney programs at all is the tend to have the same bland cookie-cutter mold and too easily fall into the same plots. Sure, you know what to expect, but rarely do you get high quality out of something Disney makes. (There are of course, exceptions.) Of course, I find cartoons elsewhere to be funnier too, with the noted exception of Dave the Barbarian.

I'm glad to see this show back for a little while. I remember watching it late mornings on CBS when I was younger. Although I now play D&D, what I play bears little resemblance to what you'd see here, given that 2 and a half editions have gone through since then and the company that made the game originally was bought out and that company was in turn bought out by Hasbro.

Still, I can't help but wonder if someone, somewhere, started a petition to remove it from the Disney channel, like the idiot who tried to get the director of The Two Towers to change the film's name because it was offensive after September 11.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home