I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Thursday, April 27, 2006

Gloria, the Toilet Paper Monitor

        I've come to give this title to a coworker, because she feels it is here duty to let me know when the woman's restroom, is in her opinion, low on toilet paper.    Among her other charming personality traits is her general bossiness.  She's not even a manger, she's just old, bossy, and cranky.
 
       Now, while this is unfortunately part of my job, this woman seems to have an unusual opinion of when it needs to be changed.    Often, I find it'll be good for another day without my interevention.   I don't much care for her attitude, but I'm too much of a coward to come out and tell her how I feel about her methods, and if I wanted to do it tactfully, I lack the political skills.
 
   No, instead I've decided to mock her about it in such a way that she hasn't caught on yet, and I don't think she will.   For the time being, I've hid my sarcastic nature from my co-workers wishing to avoid getting in trouble.  Yet, I take some grim satisfaction in smirking at her and asking her to inform me if, indeed, the women's restroom needs toilet paper.  I'm glad the men aren't this picky.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home