I put no thought into this

The finest in the inane details and unimportant trials of my life. Sometimes includes real stories that I just can't top by making stuff up.


Saturday, April 22, 2006

Phantasy Star

       I've wanted to play the original Phantasy Star for a long time.  I've been a fan of the series ever since playing III on the Genesis, and became a much bigger fan after picking up the second.  I'm glad the fourth and final game in the series did not continue the trend starting in three, but rather picked up in the style of the second.
 
     Now, since the original was published for the Master System, I'd pretty much given up as they're aren't a lot of them out there and even fewer copies of the game.  Fortunately, some publisher for the game boy picked up one through three and put them out as the Phantasy Star collection.   So, I've been playing through the first.
 
       And of course, we now have this syndrome.  This game was great when it first came out.  It was in fact the firsrt computer rpg of its type, but the graphics and for that matter greater plot of today's games simply blow it out of the water.  Nevertheless, I'm enjoying it in the same campy way people enjoy the Evil Dead movies.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home